The curiosity list for 2017 would perhaps have the following ..
1. Has Narendra Modi lost it?! Will he be able to hold the nation together or will he make a mess of it?! What will he do?! Where’s India going to be?!
2. What’s Trump going to do?! Is US going to be a Twitter led country?! Or will the Russians take over US?! Will US suddenly have more jobs?! What’s going to happen with the economy?!
3. What’s Brexit going to be like?! Jamie Oliver is already closing some of his restaurants in the face of Brexit .. Will we have no jobs in the UK at all?! What will happen to the immigration?!
4. Will we come to an end of gender violence?! Or will we write and share more posts around ‘women empowerment’?! Will we really achieve the ‘equality’ that we have been talking about for years?!
5. Racism. Will we see a sharp rise in racism across the globe?! Will we be judged more on our colour than our abilities?!
6. Rape. Will we see a sharp rise in the rape statistics across the globe?! Will more and more women in DRC and other parts of the world be made victims of wars?!
7. Will more countries turn out to be like Syria and will we all be a witness to an end of another country and a rise in the refugees across the globe?!
8. Will we let go off our climate policies and be a witness to the dark age due to a steep rise in pollution worldwide?!
9. Will we really have homes in Mars and will some of us actually go and live on another planet other than the Earth?!
10. Will we really have robots as our domestic help and drive cars for us rather than humans?! Are we really going to replace humans?!
I guess the list could go on and on and on .. But it will perhaps never cover the basic question that we should be curious about at the very start ..
‘When will I/ we be human?!’
And with this note of mine, I wish you all, each and everyone of you a very beautiful 2017.